Pengaruh Gaya Pengasuhan Orang Tua, Konsep Diri, Dan Regulasi Diri Terhadap Motivasi Berprestasi Siswa

Bambang Suryadi, Eha Soriha, Yuli Rahmawati

Abstract


Abstract. Effect of Parenting Style, Self Concepts, and Self Regulation on Students’ Achievement Motivation. This study aimed to  determine the effect of parenting style, self-concept and self- regulation of achievement motivation from students of class VIII MTs Pembangunan UIN Jakarta. Sur- vey was applied as the research method with 236 students as the participants. The data were collected using questionnaire with scales of: (1) Achievement Motivation, (2) Parental Authority Questionnaire (PAQ), (3) Self-Perception Profile for Adolescents (SPPA), and (4) Self-Regulation Questionnaire (SRQ). Multiple regression and Confirmatocy Factor Analysis (CFA) were carried out in analyzing the data. The results showed that parents with authoritative parenting styles have greater opportunity to im- prove students’ achievement motivation compared to those parents with authoritarian or permissive parenting styles. The results further showed that the proportion of variance explained by the achieve- ment motivation throughout the independent variable (IV) amounted to 31.9%, and the remaining 68.1% is influenced by other variables outside of this research.

Keywords: achievement motivation, parenting style, self-concept, self-regulation.

Abstrak: Pengaruh Gaya Pengasuhan Orang Tua, Konsep Diri, dan Regulasi Diri terhadap Mo- tivasi Berprestasi Siswa. Penelitian ini bertujuan untuk mengetahui pengaruh gaya pengasuhan orang tua, konsep diri, dan regulasi diri terhadap motivasi berprestasi siswa kelas VIII MTs Pembangunan UIN Jakarta. Metode penelitian yang digunakan adalah survei, dengan sampel penelitian sebanyak 236 siswa dari total 254 siswa. Pengumpulan data dilakukan dengan kuesioner pada skala: (1) Motivasi Berprestasi, (2) Parental Authority Questionnaire (PAQ), (3) Self-Perception Profile for Adolescents (SPPA), dan (4) Self-Regulation Questionnaire (SRQ). Data yang diperoleh dianalisis dengan meng- gunakan analisis regresi berganda (multiple regression analysis), sedangkan untuk pengujian validitas konstruk menggunakan Confirmatory Factor Analysis (CFA). Hasil penelitian menunjukkan bahwa orang tua yang menerapkan gaya pengasuhan authoritative memiliki peluang lebih tinggi dalam men- ingkatkan motivasi berprestasi siswa dibandingkan dengan orang tua yang menerapkan gaya pengasu- han authoritarian atau permissive. Hasil penelitian juga menunjukkan bahwa proporsi varians dari mo- tivasi berprestasi yang dijelaskan oleh seluruh independent variable (IV) sebesar 31.9 %, dan sisanya 68.1 % dipengaruhi oleh variabel lain.

Kata kunci : motivasi berprestasi, gaya pengasuhan, konsep diri, regulasi diri.


Keywords


achievement motivation, parenting style, self-concept, self-regulation

Full Text:

PDF


DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17977/jip.v23i2.10969

Free counters!Creative Commons LicenseCheck Google PageRank
Jurnal Ilmu Pendidikan by Jurnal Ilmu Pendidikan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://journal.um.ac.id/index.php/jip.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://journal.um.ac.id/index.php/jip. View My Stats